Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So after killing that poor Lion that cnunt Walter Palmer wanted to kill an Elephant...

So after killing that poor Lion that cnunt Walter Palmer wanted to kill an Elephant...

So fcuking hope that he gets the appropriate comeuppance..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianoce an/zimbabwe/11773653/Cecil-hunter-Walter-Palmer-wanted-to-ki ll-an-elephant-after-killing-the-lion.html

Walter Palmer, the Minnesota dentist who shot dead Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe, asked to kill a massive elephant after shooting the protected animal – but was unable to find one sufficiently large enough, his guide has exclusively told The Telegraph.

Speaking for the first time since this newspaper revealed that Dr Palmer had fired the arrow that felled the much-loved lion, Theo Bronkhorst has given a detailed account of the July 1 hunt which, he said, went wrong from the start.

On Wednesday, Mr Bronkhorst appeared before magistrates in Hwange, north-western Zimbabwe, and was remanded on bail. He is forbidden from continuing with his hunting business, which he has run since 1992, and has been left devastated by the international fury directed at him since Cecil’s death.

His account of how Cecil came to be killed suggests there was confusion from the outset of Dr Palmer’s trip.

I like how people get all riled up about this **** but don't give a flying f**k about the

maltreatment of billions of animals in factory farming
    Faux facebook outrage

Re: I like how people get all riled up about this **** but don't give a flying f**k about the

Unfortunately farm animals have to be killed before they can be eaten and it is supposed to be done in a humane manner.

In the case of big game hunting I believe the public outrage is caused by the hunter's enjoyment of the act and that the hunting is done merely for the sake of collecting trophies.

I don't mind the killing animals for food, but you can't really defend the conditions under which

they are 'raised'. It's barbaric, and makes this lion's death seem like a stroll in the park.

That would have been a mammoth tusk.

Hardly comparable and actually billions of people do kcick up a fuss about factory farming

A bit odd to assume that these are not the same people.

Well lots of us are riled about both.

So there's your theory f**ked.

Nice bit of faux outrage there. Well done.

But your argument only makes sense if you suppose that we don't value certain creatures over others

Whereas, in fact, we obviously do. You might as well say that because one thinks nothing of swatting a wasp, one has no right to feel upset that someone else feels the same way about lions or - indeed - battery-farmed animals.

In fact, we have a very clear, if largely unspoken, hierarchy of animals. We like higher mammals (whales, dogs, cats, dolphins, apes, monkeys) unless they're tasty, in which case we're less bothered. Smaller mammals are OK if they're cute (squirrels), but loathsome if they're not (rats). We generally value apex predators over herbivores (unless they're really big and could f**k us up like elephants or rhinos). We like raptors and think they should be protected, but generally only like other birds if they're pretty or sing nicely. And nobody gives a f**k about insects.

So yes, as humans, we do value certain animals over others. Is that hypocrisy? Maybe, but it's also part of a shared human nature.

Change of plan.

Looks like I'll have to go next week instead.