Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surely we can't balls this test match up?

Surely we can't balls this test match up?

Hurry up weekend, my head hurts

Yes we can

we won't though

They'll be all out before midday. All shall be well.

As long as we don't have to chase anything over 150 I'm confident

No Jimmy for rest of the series, that is a worry

Australia will add another 50 runs at best.

Bowled out this afternoon leaving two days of the test redundant.

It is the people who hold tickets for these days that I feel sorry for but at least they will be able to watch the All Ireland qualifiers and quarter-finals on saturday and sunday.

Ah. Are these the finals for the sticky one or the kicky one?

Who should I support? What are the rules?

The latter.

Only f**king nutters play the stick one.

Real men play the football one.

I expect another poster may be along soon to tell us how he played in the pinnacle Ulster schools game in the 80s. He was the keeper*.

*not good enough to play outfield

I learned a little bit of how to play the sticky one from a young lad called David Keogh when we

stayed in Wexford as a kid. I rather liked it. There did seem to be a certain shortage of teeth among the older players, though - even by the already poor standards of dentistry of rural Ireland in the 1980s.

15 v 15.

The primary object being the kick the ball between the posts of the other side, either above the bar (1 point) or in the actual goal (3 points).

The actual rules are much to difficult to explain as on occasion even a chap who may have played the game for many years is somewhat puzzled by the refereeing decisons.

The winners shall be Dublin, Kerry, Tyrone and for a reason I cannot explain I quite fancy Galway.

It would not be inaccurate to state that an absolutely mighty number of pints will be drunk over the two days.