Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The perfect pres-season. Team fired up and confident. No injuries. Everything looks good.

The accepted wisdom this season is that we need a 25-goals-a-season man.

I seem to remember we needed one this time last year as well. Then we got one and now we need another one.

It's all rather confusing, tbh. Or it might just be that football fans are spoilt children who always want another shiny, expensive thing, regardless of whether it's right for the side or not.

I am wondering where gnabry is.

Some of our fans now expect one big money signing every summer

Seemingly regardless of whether we need one and purely because we can afford it.

Is this the sense of entitlement you are always banging on about?

He's either still injured/has career has taken a spectacular nose dive.

I predict the former. Shad out.

Jack looked fit and strong yesterday until abput 60 minutes at whoch point he started hobbling and

Clutching his ankle. He went off soon afterwards.

Benzema laughs at those who score 25 goals per season. He's a 35 goal per season man.

We have 200million to spend ffs.

We don't. We need four 15+ goals men. We have Giroud, Alexis and Theo. Need Ox or Welbz to step up.

Or Rambo to have another great season.

Thank you Peter.

As long as he is fit for West Ham I could not care less if he was stood in the centre circle with a woodbine in his left hand and a small beer in the other.

Essentially, yes. And, more to the point, they want an attacking player who looks good on YouTube

If we were to sign another Gilberto these days, people would complain about us signing an unknown, unspectacular journeyman rather than 'a marquee signing' - not 'shiny' enough, see?

Wilshere is a weak sister we need to offload. We could do with him having a decent run so that we

can offload him to City for silly money in January.