Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just watched the ISIS video of the fellas being blown up in a car and drowned in a cage.

The Scotcher agrees with you wun hunner per cent Nod

So you have never voluntarily watched a video of, say, 9/11 or the Kennedy assasination?

I watched 9/11 on TV as it happened because it was arguably the biggest news story of my lifetime.

Like most others, I have essentially grown up with the JFK footage because again, it is a hugely significant event in contemporary history.

Neither event compares in any way to seeking out footage of the deaths of men whose names you don't even know in order to get some sort of cheap thrill.

Ah right. So if the victim are sufficiency famous and newsworthy, they are fair game. Makes perfect

sense.

ISIS are the world's most dangerous terrorist group and their acts of violence are unprecedented in their dissemination. How do you claim they are not major news stories?

Did either of you watch Saddam's hanging video?

Yeah. I find it interesting watching someone's facial expression in the moments before death.

I should mention that I always feel sick doing so, which reassures me that I'm not a psychopath

Well no, that's not what I said at all, is it? I said that I saw 9/11 as it unfolded (I have

certainly not watched footage subsequently) and as I say, I grew up watching JFK's death on telly, so had no opportunity to avoid it, really. In neither case did I go out of my way to watch something horrific.

And as for your stuff about ISIS, they are releasing these videos to titilate and impress. They are simply propaganda designed to attract recruits and scare whitey. You can't claim there is any current affairs value - or any other higher purpose - in watching the deaths of these people - it is nothing but thrill-seeking prurience.

Of course not. Why would I?

Because a lot of people did and you usually get quite the kick out of the war stuff