Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding the pic posted by BGM below, would it be pathetic of me to say I would be deeply

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Regarding the pic posted by BGM below, would it be pathetic of me to say I would be deeply

uncomfortable about my child being co-opted into any gay pride celebrations?

And not because I think it would "turn him gay". I am not a cretin.

So what bit about it makes you uneasy?

I dont think they were on the floats, oiled up and dancing whilst wearing Baby Gap chaps.

It was my impression that children becom easily fixated by ideas

they are too young understand.

I guess the counter argument is that these events are celebrations of love, as much as sexuality, and that there is no harm in a child being introduced to the idea that two men or two women can love each other.

Do you not have any gay family members?

I remember explaining it to my daughter, I was all prepared for this long conversation full of difficult "whys" and she just accepted it and moved on.

I don't think that you can accuse m of homophobia

It's the enthusiasm for the boys u-16s I'm worried about

Normally I dont believe in the whole "catching gay" thing but being pumped full of seaman in that favella may have changed him

I had a lesbianist second aunt but she died of the bad cancer

My 7-year-old niece is currently fixated by God (who she unquestioningly believes in) and her Jewish heritage.

Not happy

I'm increasingly convinced one of my stepsons is gay. He keeps putting

coloured towels on his head and pretending they're his hair. He wants to be a hairdresser and once, when I took him to a shoe shop, I took my eye off him for a sec and when I found him, he was amongst the ladies' shoes, parading up and down in high heels for all he was worth.

Not conclusive, but a picture is building.

Hmmmmm, I can imagine these not being exactly compatable with eachother

Certainly I would expect the kindergarten to ask my permission first

Said permission would not be granted, since I believe it's wildly inappropriate to use children to make any political point - even one with which I agree.