Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding the pic posted by BGM below, would it be pathetic of me to say I would be deeply

Regarding the pic posted by BGM below, would it be pathetic of me to say I would be deeply

uncomfortable about my child being co-opted into any gay pride celebrations?

And not because I think it would "turn him gay". I am not a cretin.

So what bit about it makes you uneasy?

I dont think they were on the floats, oiled up and dancing whilst wearing Baby Gap chaps.

Certainly I would expect the kindergarten to ask my permission first

Said permission would not be granted, since I believe it's wildly inappropriate to use children to make any political point - even one with which I agree.

It was my impression that children becom easily fixated by ideas

they are too young understand.

I guess the counter argument is that these events are celebrations of love, as much as sexuality, and that there is no harm in a child being introduced to the idea that two men or two women can love each other.

I doubt any kid was co-opted as surely the parents of the kids had veto on their involvement.

Perhaps some or all of the kids in questions were in fact kids from same sex marriages.

See how much I know about these things since we let them run free over here.

Well they were still co-opted, since they aren't in a position to make a reasoned judgement either

way. The fact that they were co-opted by their parents to this end just makes their parents c**ts if you ask me.

Not really, as I imagine you'd feel the same were he to be co-opted into a Spurs

league title open-topped bus parade.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

What would you tell your child when they asked why they weren't allowed to join in?

That would be my take on it as well. One kid apparently said to the newspaper reporter

"We do this because we want to" and his friend chipped in with "You should be able to love who you want".

Three year olds....And they had them chanting "Who do you get to love - who you want".

Do you not have any gay family members?

I remember explaining it to my daughter, I was all prepared for this long conversation full of difficult "whys" and she just accepted it and moved on.