Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I have the solution to the flow of immigrants but you, like the politicians won't want to know.

I have the solution to the flow of immigrants but you, like the politicians won't want to know.

Does it involve a pound sign or an interrobang, perhaps?

Nope. It involves stricter immigration controls including return of illegals, a proper system for

legal immigration based on applications made in Africa and a commercial colonisation of parts of Africa by private enterprises (backed by EU funds) in return for providing jobs and economic activity for African people.

If only an EU country had some sort of preexisting african territory, eh?

for what it's worth, the immigration system in this country is an utter joke with cases taking forever to be resolved and often throwing up some bizarre decisions. The backlog has steadily risen year-on-year over something like the last twelve years.

We'd do a lot to solve the immigration issue, especially the resentment caused, by solving cases with some semblance of competence. Not only would it cut the costs of housing and caring for people, it'd also be a lot fairer to the people with genuine claims for leave to remain. A lot of these people are highly skilled - how else do you think they raise the funds to get here? - and could be contributing to society quite happily, as the majority of them wish to do.

This is precisely the sort of thing private enterprises shouldnt be involved in though. Europe has a large standing army of bureaucrats anyway and it's incredibly rare for a private company to be able to deliver public services better than public servants.

Yes, there has to be a proper system, not this chaos which is funding smugglers. Pre-existing

territory? I am suggesting a deal, parts of Africa which flourished in colonial days (agriculturally speaking) are now dead due to lack of investment and know-how. This includes some of the farms Mugabe commandeered for his cronies.

If you give aid to corrupt politicians they will pocket it. Which is why you have to have absolute control over what you do, which is precisely what the Chinese are doing for less altruistic reasons than what I'm suggesting which is a partnership.

Yeah, the point being we should sort our own system out first though

And I agree, some co-operation with Libya, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria would be a start too, if a little tough with one or two of them.