Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd meanest defence in the league and 3rd best goals for in the league

3rd meanest defence in the league and 3rd best goals for in the league

might have made a signing to improve the first, hoping for some good news re the last.

7 defeats and 9 draws last season

remove the 1 defeat and 2 draws when the league was all but over in the last 3 games and there's 32 points up for grabs.

I don't reckon Petra is worth the 12-15 reckoned by the Chav capt but say he's good for 6.

addressing the profligacy against hull, leicester, everton, and the scum is another 8.

Good enough for a genuine title tilt.

Add on 4 of the seven of the points we didnt chase for in the last three games and we're north of 90 points.

cool

but.... we need a better striker than Giroud to lead the line. I like the good looking fecker but he isn't in the class of the no. 1 striker at our main rivals.

It would have the added effect of causing a rift between RA and JM as well

Imagine if we are ahead of them in the league because he plays a blinder. The press will continue to ask him why he sold Cech to us in the hope that he says something negative about Abramovich

He has already said some things about it

We're definitely going to win the league at a canter next season.

I am utterly certain of this. Should we even lose a game, I will be demanding Wenger's head on a spike to be paraded through Finsbury Park and his replacement by whichever coach is flavour of the month at the time.

Cech and a Coquelin backup/replacement would put us in a great position to do it

Consider our results since Jan and there's no doubt about it

Not even convinced we need a better striker tbh

Paraded through Finsbury Park and used to bowl a strike at Rowans. The king is dead!

Long live the king!

You want to replace Coquelin?

My word

He did say backup to be fair.

I see his use of replacement as meaning competition or alternate options in the event of injury or loss of (last season's) form.

Not at all, I really really rate him, but there may be someone out there even better to replace him

I'd be more than happy with a backup though

Chelsea, City and United will all also look to improve.

All we can do is let Wenger buy who he thinks is needed, and none of us really have a clue there, and see what occurs while hoping for the best.

Yes. I argued on here the other day that he was the biggest reason for us going on our great run

post xmas, so I rate him very highly indeed

But it isn't out of the question that Vidal or Kondogbia (sp?) might be signed and become first choice