Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to think of a Cup Final we've made "easy" for ourselves. By some accounts, the

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unstressful is a good way of putting it. The Saints one I also thought we

controlled, although there was a "scare" right at the end as I recall. Maybe it's a couple of their fans, ST holders, friends of mine, who constantly harp on about how they outsung us. That must have somehow imprinted itself in my conscience as meaning the actual game itself was a much closer affair. The Chelsea one I think they had the better chances prior to "it's only Ray Parlour", but - sure enough - wasn't too dramatic.

I actually have no memory of the Southampton game. That's how uneventful it was.

I know Bobby scored and...err...that's it, I'm afraid.

I think I remember us nearly scoring immediately. And Seaman's save.

That Semen save were against Sheffield United in the semi-final that year geez. Top quawalitee Bow

Mascot for that game Clound Nine

Nod Of course. I am getting forgetful.

I was going to mention that - probably in the top 3 best saves I've ever seen. In fact,

I think it's the best one I've ever seen by a keeper, especially considering his age and that unreal elasticity that he produced. Also, I'm biased of course.

Yeah, He was great as long as he didn't have to jump, stand up straight or go backwards.

Still don't really understand how that Giggs goal in 99 went in.

Shouldn't there have been a red card for a Saints player very early doors?

I had money on a Henry hattrick and thought I was quids in at that point...

You bet on Tel to score in a cup final? hehe