Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to think of a Cup Final we've made "easy" for ourselves. By some accounts, the

Trying to think of a Cup Final we've made "easy" for ourselves. By some accounts, the

1930 one or perhaps the 1950 Liverpool one weren't that dramatic. The 1979 one was going one way till the 85th minute when we Arsenaled it up. Perhaps 1998 against the Geordies, but I recall them hitting the post at 1-0. In fact, the game we bossed the most, we lost 1-2 to Liverpool thanks to a scandalous decision (the henchoz handball) and plenty of flick-chip-trick idiocy from our strikers instead of just blasting the ball in.

The Southampton one was a piece of piss. We only won 1-0, but we never got out of 2nd gear and never

looked like losing. The Newcastle one in 98 and Chelsea final in 2002 were pretty unstressful, too.

The Chelsea one was quite straight forward I think

Now you've mentioned it they do know how to make a meal out of most of them though

Was barcode really 1998? Yikes Christ I feel

Unstressful is a good way of putting it. The Saints one I also thought we

controlled, although there was a "scare" right at the end as I recall. Maybe it's a couple of their fans, ST holders, friends of mine, who constantly harp on about how they outsung us. That must have somehow imprinted itself in my conscience as meaning the actual game itself was a much closer affair. The Chelsea one I think they had the better chances prior to "it's only Ray Parlour", but - sure enough - wasn't too dramatic.

I actually have no memory of the Southampton game. That's how uneventful it was.

I know Bobby scored and...err...that's it, I'm afraid.

The bookies had that down as evens hehe Wish I'd grown a bigger pair and done

more than 50 quid now.

I think I remember us nearly scoring immediately. And Seaman's save.

Nod I watched that one in the British pavillion on Croisette during the Cannes Film Festival. It

was one of Razor's finest performances and I remember everyone saying how he should be in the England squad for the WC. I still think Arsene should have put on Ian WWW for the last 10 mins, bit rotten of him to not do that.

That Semen save were against Sheffield United in the semi-final that year geez. Top quawalitee Bow