Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maternity leave being changed here so that I have to take 90 days instead of

Thank you Smile

Having to go to the laundry room and do laundry with a kid strapped to your chest Frown

I'm going to have to navigate my way through all this *******s

Do they wash arses? Is there not a dietary law about that?

Look, you do what you can in the early stages so that you both get through it, but after that, the

man should sort of scale back his contributions by going back to work, etc. Under no circumstances should you get sucked into sharing childcare duties equally. That way madness lies. Women are better at this sort of thing. They're built for it.

This post was brought to you by redgunamo and our sponsors Pedigree Chum

It's nonsense, of course, do what works out best for you guys safe in the knowledge that you have a progressive, caring, socially democratic society in which to bring your kid up.

OK, I retract that, I dont want to be accused of some sort of arse libel

They do wash their horns and cloven hooves in it though

...and that you will be able to leave it when the stifling boredom of living there gets too much

He's right though. All the nibs agreed that, in order to keep redgunamo off

childcare duties, the best way would be to sack the Middle East again. Of course, they couldn't admit it at the time so they just put it out that it was all about oil, or terrorism or some such other guff.

This guy is my favourite - an absolute shambles I'm sure I'll empathise with in the future.

Well we've already spoke about this. I want her to have all my days that i can give so

she would get her own 240 and 180 of the 240 i'm given (previously HAD to take 60 of the 240). But now i'll have to take 30 extra days and can only give her 150 of my 240 days*, which has annoyed me a bit.

Anyway, the crux of the matter is that before the change we could do it so that my girlfriend could be off for almost a year at 80-90% of her salary by which time the baby will be old enough to go to daycare, but now we'll come up two months short of that with this change so i'll probably have to use some of my days.

First world problems!

*both parents get 135 (now 105) days each at 80-90% salary which can be transferred to either parent, both get 60 (now 90) days at 80-90% which can't be transferred, and 45 days each where you're paid about 12 quid a day which can also be transferred (generally used for going back and working half days or taking out extra holidays)