Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So… FIFA. Create a huge global monopoly predicated on a hugely popular moneyspinning event that

So… FIFA. Create a huge global monopoly predicated on a hugely popular moneyspinning event that

takes place every four years. Place the power to decide where this event takes place in the hands of various low- to middle-ranking placeholders in each country, then cover their activities and the voting process with a total lack of transparency and exactly zero accountability.

And the process has become corrupt, you say? How very surprising!

Only technically corrupt though. They clearly mean well.

It's like the IOC, but better as they dont have to include women's disabled frisbee

And Rugby sevens

The best bit is watching everyone queuing up to take lumps out of the dying animal that is Sepp

Blatter

I don't think him quitting is going to be sufficient now, though. They may have to tear the whole rotten edifice down and start again. There'll barely be anyone whose hands are clean, after all.

You know what this means, dont you? They'll put the americans in charge

Well it's their corporations who've been paying for it all this time, so I guess that makes sense.

The top people may go, thereby halting the investigation in its tracks.

Those left standing will then assume control and carry on as though nothing happened.

Surely the best bit is knowing that the whole Qatar hosting the World Cup nonsense is now dead.

hmm - can't help but think a shady cabal of all the top clubs

may be gleefully rubbing their hands watching this play out, knowing that they can destroy international football and have the world to themselves. I imagine this playing out in a lair in a volcano

For Ronaldo we bid one millions dollars mwuhaha

That's not David Dein, mate.