Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well done Sevilla and a' that but winning the Europa League four times (so I gather?) doesn't

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well done Sevilla and a' that but winning the Europa League four times (so I gather?) doesn't

actually seem to be getting them anywhere, does it. I mean to say, those who think it ought to be a gateway-trophy for Champions League success seem to be rather wide of the mark.

there was some 'meaningful' football on tonight? Yikes

On ITV4.......how that once great European trophy has declined..... Old

I'm surprised Keith Lemon wasnt presenting it

Oh no - that was Gordon Strachan...

In some gawdaawful sky blue shirt....

I know it's most definitely not a fashionable standpoint but I love Gordon Strachan

He has a genuine love of the game, talks about it well and is very, very funny given half the chance.

"Gordon, can we have a quick word?"

"Aye, velocity"

There are those who might say the same about us qualifying for the CL every year for 18 years and

never winning it imo

Same difference, really, although arguably, FC Sevilla would've been better off

f**king their four Europa League wins out of the window and building themselves a new ground instead.

We are now, at least, established as a CL club, whereas they are not.

The fact is, even if we never win the Champions League, it will still be better than not being in it

by virtue of making us richer and giving us more chance of domestic success (by virtue of being able to buy better players).

Fair enough. I'd argue that even winning the Prem is equally difficult, no

matter how much money we have to spend.