Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooking just for yourself is a pain in the arse, isn't it? Who can be bothered?

Cooking just for yourself is a pain in the arse, isn't it? Who can be bothered?

I certainly can't. My wife is away for the week and I seem to have regressed. I have not eaten a meal off a plate since Sunday, preferring to grab handfuls of whatever I find in the fridge, shove them into my mouth and move on.

As I ate alternate handfuls of cold roast pork and cooked, cold cabbage left over from Sunday's dinner on Monday, I wondered if perhaps things had gone a little bit wrong. So last night I cooked. I made popcorn. With a microwave.

I expect I'll be going through people's bins by Friday.

Beans on toast is your friend.

The stereotype food of students but a fine meal nonetheless.

Or cheese on toast.

There must be some kebab action.

Surely there will be some kebab action?

I'm thinking of making some Thai-style crab cakes tonight, but I'm worried that they won't hold together on the spit.

I'm surprised b. I quite embrace cooking alone. I'm allowed to get elaborate that way.

As well as extremely pissed.

Goalpost moving alert.

You sir have surely moved into the area of 'takeaway food when one is alone'.

No. I'm eating healthily. Well,. as healthily as what I can find in the fridge allows.

But the chap must eat, sw. He contends that cooking whilst home alone is a tiresome chore;

his chosen method of dealing with this issue is eating leftovers from the fridge.

Surely, under these circumstances, any caring friend would recommend the kebab option?

Cooking for yourself is great. You don't have to pander to the others

and eat what you like every night. Might die sooner than expected but it's great fun

I had the place to myself for 2 weeks.

I had the same sort of situation. Ended up sick a dog throwing up constantly.

It might have been that I had takeaway Pizza for 2 days in a row for each meal

so it didn't turn out to be the ****ing, junkfood, playstation fest I had envisaged.

Pizza Hut have just the thing - the 8 meat pie stuffed crust pizza Yikes

And I think they alert the local coronary hospital unit when you order one...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/11633235/Pizza-Hut-j ust-put-eight-meat-pies-in-its-pizza-crust.html