Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ozil Responds To Criticism Over Half-Time Shirt Swap

Kind of inevitable in that position, I suppose.

By the time the move reaches him it's **** or bust, really.

Not for me, ideally they should not do it / do it in the tunnel but it isn't really that much of a

problem; the ginger cnut claimed that he isn't concentrating on the match ahead

It just doesn't seem to be sticking to him the way it did early in the season, that's all.

True enough. Defenders still **** themselves at his approach like Spurs after a lasagne.

As has been said, his worst is still pretty damned good.

Ozil though f**k me, that boy can play football.

Asking himself/was asked distinction, no rivalry, it was f**king van Persie, who had just put them

ahead, we were trailing etc.

Hmm, not sure I agree.

When I have noticed it of late it is when he has dropped that small bit deeper, still plenty of pitch and scope to move the ball more and continue to look to create.

I could be wrong of course, as I said I am not in possession of any statistics to back it up, just commenting on what I see.

I think it's a question of degree - and he clearly isn't at his best, you're right.

Come now S.

If you are of the mentality that would criticise a footballer for swapping his shirt at half-time in a game then you cannot really distinguish between the scenarios – “he swapped with a player that we as fans don’t like” as is the case with Santos.

The general acceptance is that the exchange of shirts happens at the end, when the game is fully over, and nobody gives a monkeys.

It’s an absolute nothing issue but my comment above still stands.

Ozil and van Persie aren't to blame here. I'd be a bit aggrieved* with Kondogbia if I were a Monaco

fan as well.

*Not really, I don't give a ****, but I can see the motivation some people would have for feeling that way