Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why are people on here so upset about last night

why are people on here so upset about last night

it is exactly as expected. We have reached Feb/March....we go out of the cups and then go on a decent league run to finish 3rd or 4th. Then we hear the club PR messaging about another successful year. It will not change until AW leaves.

He has created a style and squad that is good enough to be top of the also rans but nothing more. We have some wonderful "technical" players but an inept team. The sum of the parts does not make more than the individuals in our case. Yesterday they played like headless chickens. There is no organisation and no leadership and no tactical awareness. Do you think the same thing would have happened last night if Mourinho was the manager. Of course not. He may be a c*nt but his players are organised, disciplined with a tactical nous. Wenger's approach has none of these which is why come unstuck against the top teams. They have Wenger sussed and he can only do things one way. We are flat track bullies.

We won the FA Cup last year

Waited until the second paragraph to bring in the Mourinho comparison

Good play. Disappointing lack of Ferguson though.

Loved the "technical" bit though

Got the flat-track bullies in there as well - nice work

is there a Special School these tards go to learn who to trot out these Gaels in such a fashion?

It's like we literally have an army of redknapps

Twiffik. Thumb Up

but you know it is right

Wigan won it the year before. The F.A. Cup can be a funny mistress

Ah yes media programming

Say something often enough and it's FACT 'FACT'

I'm not sure I'd want Mourinho as our manager

I appreciate Wenger's principles, his loyalty, the idea that he understands our club and has come to be pretty much a cornerstone of it.

Of course Mourinho wouldn't play like that, though I'm not sure the way he plays would actually be any better for us.

In many senses it's a false comparison, Mourinho has never been able to sustain anything in his career and Wenger's challenge - at least over the last decade - has been about sustainably growing a football club in its entirity. I doubt mourinho would have the desire or the aptitude to do that and would rather take the glory of quick success at any cost.