Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyhood is two and three quarter hours I'll never get back. Yawn

Boyhood is two and three quarter hours I'll never get back. Yawn

Actually, that's not quite true, since I went to bed rather than bother with the last 40 minutes of meandering, inconsequential tedium.

Avoid.

I was thinking about that one but it did look like a bit of a dud...cheers for the confirmation.

Could you now watch Birdman & let me know what you think of that? Tia

Oh balls, I just bought that.

Maybe I'll send it back.

Nod Most of Richard Linklater's films are the same. Boring, self-involved people wittering on

endlessly. Tried to watch Before Sunrise a while back and had to turn it off as the smug hipsters were causing me to reach for my revolver.

I will make an exception for School of Rock, which is excellent and Dazed and Confused, which is at least entertaining.

Otherwise, he's ****.

I quite enjoyed it. The approach was novel (for a film) and whilst absolutely nothing happened

Whatsoever, there is something I quite like about that. Not much escapism though.

Frown Must you poo upon everything which I hold dear?

Still, at least the fact you hold School of Rock up as some sort of example invalidates any points you make.

Slacker, Dazed and Confused, seminal films of the 90s imo

I guess you're just unhappy about your unsympathetic portrayal in your biopic, Bernie.

I am tired of film directors who seem to forget that their primary duty is to entertain the audience

Seminal he may be. Doesn't mean that his influence is a good one, though. His films are full of people with nothing to say saying it at great and tedious length.

Yes, everyone should be Michael Bay.

I like the character studies, the tableau approach and I don't think films are there just to be entertaining. If you want "entertaining" just watch some mindless blockbusters where huge robots kick **** out of each other.

I like Linklater, I'm pleased that he's back trying to do interesting stuff.

You're right. Nothing happened. You were just looking through a lens at a fairly nondescript

and undramatic series of events. I don't need to watch a film to do that.

Clap So any film director who is entertaining must be Michael Bay?

That's phenomenally reductive and f**kwitted, j. You're better than that.