Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm I seem to be back in the pub, let myself down. What a bum

See, dead royals *are* a draw

Does that include visitors who go to look at it from the outside?

Because nobody would be sad enough to want to go in. Same with Windsor Castle

If anything a recently removed monarchy would create a spike in revenue

If you pardon the pun

The Romanian army and general population probably had a reason for wishing harm on Ceaucescu.

What with him being an evil dictator, and all.

Did you visit Romania during the period in question, j? I did, and I really didn't see much of a comparison between the rule of a brutal tyrant and the liberal benevolant parliamentary democracy with a mildly frosty old lady as its nominal figurehead.

No idea. I think the point is that everyone, everywhere would like to go to london

Just as hardly anyone would refuse a trip to new york.

To suggest that the royal family is somehow drawing in millions of visitors who would go elsewhere in disgust if she didnt exist is utter nonsense.

That isnt why we should keep them. We should keep them because they are pointless and powerless and that is the job specification for a head of state unless they are also head of government.

f**k me, this post holiday blues is a deep one, isn't it?

I dunno, I think we could get Frank Bruno to do it for a fraction of the price

Actually I'm struggling with booking the next one j and it's making me peevish.

yeah, I'm gonnq go ahead and disagree with you on that. every nation has a spiritual leader. ireland

has the leprechaun, you have the king or queen of england.

Re: yeah, I'm gonnq go ahead and disagree with you on that. every nation has a spiritual leader. ireland