Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EssexWIMB: I can't believe Theydon Bois is pronounced Theydon Boys rather than Theydon Bwuh.

I shall be visiting Chesham at some point this year

as part of my walking the lines project. Anything to look out for?

Innniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

That's the thing with the Essexers for me, the real killer is the dragging out of the last syllablllllllllllllllllllllllllle

:shudder:

Oh, I had you down as a gritty Londoner, possibly from the mean streets of Shao-Lin

(Finsbury Park)

Take that as a compliment

Walking the Lines?

(dont do it)

Apparently the cockney accent originally came from the east saxons. The original London accent was

something close to today's RP.

I will - I was born in the great Smoke

Underground overground

wombling free.

I never really understood the Wombles. Why did none of them raise their sights a bit?

It was depressing just watching them wandering around south London parkland picking up **** imo.

In Chesham - yes the way out

Look for signs to Amersham (despite being called Chesham Bois it is more Amersham than Chesham).

Amersham Old Town is particularly nice - I say nice, It is just a high street with pubs and more pubs (I think there used to be nine, probably less now) and at the end the ground where I played most of my cricket

They were visionaries of a future, recycling age.

*** FREE STUFF ***

Elisabeth Beresford's daughter mis-pronounced the place as 'Wombledon' and the idea came from there.