Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for the benefit of Allardyce and all the 'pundits' confused by the disallowed goal

for the benefit of Allardyce and all the 'pundits' confused by the disallowed goal

I'll try and clear it up.

There were three players standing in offside positions, all in the goalkeeper's eyeline, one of whom let the f*cking thing run through his legs.
    Why is there even any debate over this, unless Sakho is transparent Szczesny is going to lose sight of the ball for a fraction and it is then going to reappear, if this doesn't happen without the offside player (highly unlikely imo) then he is interfering.

You can clearly see Szczesny in a position to dive, as the bloke dummies it, I actually think there is a good chance he may have saved it.

Carroll especially was right in front of him in an offside position, 100% correct position and I am

not biased

It is one that could easily have been given, although the decision is technically correct

It is the sheer fury that allardyce manages to muster that is slightly irritating. It is not, by any atretch of the imagination, a ridiculous decision nor is it even remotely baffling.

Or maybe it is if you have a ludicrously massive face and are a total c**t. I am afraid i wouldn't know

I agree it could have been given as it has in the past but it would have been legally wrong

I liked the rather strange argument that if they had taken the lead in the sixth minute

They definitely wouldn't have lost.

Good old sam

How can a player that lets a ball through his legs not be interfering with play?

The goalie can't commit himself by diving to the right because he doesn't know if the player will get a nick. Never mind that the actual shot was eclipsed by one of the other offside players in the first place.

Why do SSN not explain this while they have Fat Sam whining about Arsenal's 'controversial' win on a continuous loop?

Because controversy is better news than technical details

exactly, it's obvious

look at picture, you can clearly see he is in a position to dive but can't commit himself.

AW's comments led them astray ...

It isn't difficult to understand

Well it shouldn't be difficult