Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roberto Martinez is soon going to have to face up to the fact that he is running out of

Should we not be concentrating on whether we can nick any of their players?

They must have one or two we would like

I would have been convinced I was watching West Ham TV

had the idea of such a **** club having a television station not been so ridiculous.

It's the hypocrisy of FFP that gets me. Supposedly brought in to

stop clubs going bankrupt when really that's bull****, it's designed to create a closed shop for all the big clubs in Europe.

I think it's a pile of crap Ash but obviously as a Gooner you're gonna like it as it should return Arsenal to second in the country for the next 100 years, maybe the odd title when Manu have a bad season.

Is FFP worse than than oligarchs and slaver-states owning teams and spending squillions

which inflate ticket prices for non-doped clubs?

I think you forgot to answer that one

Right then you ******* hehe I think it is, not every club is based in their capital city and

has the potential to do what Arsenal has done. The CL was bad enough for making the big clubs in each country even bigger but FFP has really sealed it. As for ticket prices I think you'll find FFP will push them up, when a club is trying to keep up and they are flat out of things to sell to sponsors they'll pass the cost on to the mugs paying at the gate.

It does seem to allow for structured investment in clubs through infrastructure

And through carrying moderate levels of debt.

So for us, a new owner could have stumped up the 400 million for the ground, leaving us free to spend our own money on players. That would have been nice

It prevents short term huge investment in players designed to bring short term success.

The CL has had a horrible effect on european football and its finances

I hate it, even though it helped us pay for pur new stadium.

What is the end-game of financial doping, though? Does *everyone* need an oligarch?

And when the nth team in a league becomes owned by a Mansour/Abramovic, they'll only have a 1/n chance of winning anything, so what are they spending their money on?

I take your point about the CL, but Leeds, Newcastle, Everton and Spurs have had a go in it. Just because Wenger has got Arsenal in it every year, despite a very low net transfer spend during that period, people assume that that sort of consistency is easy.

The new PL TV money deal has made the CL cash disparity much less, proportionally.

Even a bostonbrian club like, for example, and picked entirely at random, Crystal Palace, have an extra 20-30m now, which is spread a lot more evenly in this league than in Spaid, where two clubs hoover up all the TV money.

Yes, oligarchs for all! I could do with one down the pub this afternoon Clound Nine

PS. I do agree about the TV money, that's fair do's, and I do like that bostonbrian of a random club