Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's amazing that the 'die-hard' supporters and all the media football experts..

It's amazing that the 'die-hard' supporters and all the media football experts..

Actually believe that the Arsenal board would ever sack Arsene. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge should be aware that Arsene is Arsenal Football Club.... for good or ill. he introduced the current majority owner to the sport and has given his blessing to every single person on the board and in the front office.

He also has repeatedly said through the years that he views a contract as sacrosanct and view the seeing out of a contract as a deep moral obligation.

so much wasted time and breath over something that will never happen. Might as well be discussing the vagaries of unicorn breeding, imo.

I thought that deep moral obligation only worked one way ?

A so called media football expert...

Indeed. I doubt Wenger believes there is anything morally wrong with

breaking a contract if both parties are agreed it is for the best.

He's done it before.

The only way he would leave is if the board asked him to leave/take a position upstairs.

I fully expect him to see his contract out. He might even sign a new one, who knows?

Oh do f**k off with this absurd - Take a position upstairs ****..

What's he going to do exactly. Polish the boardroom table ?

You think Directors of Football type roles only inolve polishing of boardrooms?

Any new manager worth his salt will want AW dispatched forthwith

Heard a piece on the radio a while back with the bungmeister GG.
    He scoffed at the idea of ex managers being moved upstairs in roles that often caste a long shadow over the new incumbent.

I'm f**ked if I'd want anyone looking over my shoulder should such a position be offered. A strong new manager will want to succeed or fail by their own performance.

I'm pretty sure Wenger will see that his work here is done and move on anyway.