Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes some really poor defending can paper over the cracks in the performance of

Sometimes some really poor defending can paper over the cracks in the performance of

the referee. Anthony Taylor actually makes one yearn to be refereed by Mike Dean.

I particularly like the one where Alexis slipped the ball through the defenders legs

who then took him out completely and he gave the free kick the other way

Crouch and Adam could both have gone, yet it was Chambers for two innocuous fouls,

his only of the game, one of which was 50-50 anyway.

I remember him failing to spot a foul on Baines

in a game away at Cardiff, which was the most clear cut penalty I have ever seen , to the point where both teams literally stopped playing.
    He toe poked the ball past, I think it was Medel, who just cleaned him out. I still fail to comprehend how it wasn't spotted/given unfortunetly I can't find a clip of it but it is pretty special (as far as incompetence goes).

I think it was the first time he has reffed us since the Villa game at the start of the last season

after which he was dropped from the Premier league list for a while. Absolute joke of a ref

I wouldn't go that far

Good to see him back and improved from the experience

Maybe he is holding a grudge?

I am still scarred by that match! Was my last visit to the Emirates.

You've watched it again haven't you. Frown

Goodness me, no. Just saw some clips of the incidents.

I actually switched off when their fourth goal went in. I was quite surprised when daring to look later that we'd pulled it back to 3-2.