Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but Lady Jenkin said that one of the reasons the poor are going hungry is that they can't

Riiiiight, you and Sir C would never discount what he said, calling him a scouse communist

Oh no, never, you'd never do such a thing

Nope. Doesn't wash, I'm afraid. By no means could what she said be construed as snobbish. Certainly

not in the way that Thornberry's tweet so clearly was. At worst, it was clumsily put. But snobbish? No.

How others choose to spin it, of course, is a different matter.

Not really, no. Having AIDS wouldn't make my opinion any more or less valid. Shrug

It's this obsession with surface and presentation rather than the point at hand that's the real problem here, I'm afraid.

Also, she's not a spokesperson for anything. She's just someone who sat on a committee, heard a lot of evidence and gave an opinion.

OK, swap "poor" for "black" or "gay" or "mental" then. Still can't see it?

I have no idea who the fellow is. He sounds ghastly, but there you are.

If he speaks the truth, he speaks the truth. His bizarre political leanings do not alter the truth.

I think both myself and Craig Oliver would agree that she should just shut the f**k up in future

Acrtually, no. I've always thought Frank Field was an interesting chap not entirely given to toeing

the party line - much to Labour's chagrin at times.

I would bear in mind his political bias, of course, but I would not dismiss him simply because of who he is.

Of blacks and mentals I cannot speak.

Gays are often wonderful cooks. Have you tried Jeremy Lee's smoked eel sandwich at Quo Vadis, for example. Darling, it's to die for.