Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but Lady Jenkin said that one of the reasons the poor are going hungry is that they can't

indeed and ****e quality calories that will cause a peak of sugar then hunger again

so 4 of those followed by biscuits, chocolate, crisps, etc, full fat coke..poor but fat f**kers

Well no. She is trying to help the poor by delivering an obvious home truth and suggesting a remedy.

That is not demonising anyone. Simply stating a fact that, if properly addressed, could make a big difference. Instead she's shouted down because of who she happens to be.

Missus is the same.

Must be a welsh thing.

You probably eat corned beef too. Dirty *******.

Not really a breakfast man if truth be told.

Weekends only as I am a man of leisure.

And when hungover midweek, obviously.

Um, not really. She was shouted down because of appallingly poorly chosen words

And her a PR consultant too. Bad PR from a bad PR lady.

She wasn't trying to help anyone, she was speaking at the release of a report into a parliamentary inquiry and was basically there to put the government's side after the kicking it'd received from Welbz the day before.

Unfortunately she seems to have scored a Frank Sinclair-esque own goal.

So you think it's her fault that she's had a privileged upbringing, do you? I appreciate that

who she is probably makes it a bit hard to take for the poor. But if we ignored who she was and simply took her comments at face value, I think we could all agree that she is quite correct.

Might one ask whether you would prefer the poor to squander their limited resources on cheap, nasty,

unhealthy ****, or that they were able to prepare wholesome meals from scratch at the same, or lesser cost? Because that's the question.

You appear not to give a **** either way, as long as you can make glib remarks about someone's class.

Not really. Pretty much every tory voter will agree with her wholeheartedly.

I'd honestly love you to tell me what was so crass about what she said.

Poor people don't know how to cook - She's right. They don't.
    "We have lost our cooking skills," - She's right. We have.
    "I had a large bowl of porridge today, which cost 4p. A large bowl of sugary cereals will cost you 25p." - Absolutely correct.

So whence comes all this faux outrage exactly?

Also, Welby is a f**king communist as well as a heretic.

Honestly, one does long for the days when the C of E was 'The Conservative Party At Prayer'. They all seem to be raging Trots these days.

No, you seem to think her opinion is worth more than other people's though