Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry, but Lady Jenkin said that one of the reasons the poor are going hungry is that they can't

She's right, though. The poor would be much better off feeding their children porridge than packet

cereals they cannot afford and which are bad for them

She was briefed against using 'gruel', which was her original choice

You see this is why nothing ever gets better, j. Everyone's too keen to score cheap points rather

than actually pay attention to the fact that the woman was absolutely correct. Thus, it becomes impossible to improve anything because people are so keen to be clever and take cheap shots that saying anything true and useful becomes politically impossible. Sad.

she missed the point that the poor should not have children in the first place

until they can afford to feed , clothe and educate them, as we dont need more poor uneducated kids now we have eastern europeans to do our menial jobs for lower pay and much better standards.
    unfortunately the poor know they pick up more benefits for having kids so have them then feed them cheap **** and spend the benefits of fags , booze and widescreen tv's and the kids just clog up our benefits and prisons..

Porridge oats are very healthy, lower cholestorol and cheap too

It might not be the most exciting breakfast in the world, but still preferable to using a food bank

because women no longer know there place is to cook and teach the kids how to cook

then do mid level work on the side or run a nice little home business so they can be home for the kids in the afternoon

The poor rarely warm to suggestions offered by well meaning but wealthy people who then retire

to the percieved comfort of their social gatherings while sipping on champagne.
    As an example. If the old bird put in a regular shift at St Botolphs and used her influence to help and communicate at the right level, she'd probably get a far better reception.

I dropped off some prosecco at the foodbank last week

im hoping with interest it should be Champagne by NYE imo I'll pop back in and ask how my investment is going

Which is why we're now so dependent on waves of immigrants

I saw a piece this morning that construction firms are having to pay portuguese brickies a grand a week to fulfil construction contracts.

I would suggest that if you are unable to feed your own children, you might want to start taking

advice from people who know better than you do. What the poor 'warm to' is entirely irrelevant. Clearly they do not know best and should learn to do what they're told and maybe they wouldn't be so f**king poor.

I fail to see why good advice should only be heeded if accompanied by empty gestures. Besides, there'll always be some chippy c**t on hand to say why the person giving the advice is a hypocrite. This is the problem: people are so obsessed with pont scoring that nothing useful ever gets achieved. It's a recipe for inertia.