Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The good old days.

Nope. Ungrateful c**ts, that's what we are

Music we know what we are, we know what we are ....

Speaking of which the ECB

what a bunch of not sending a representative to the funeral

For some, absolutely. They should just face up to that really. No shame

Nod

although nothing surprises you, what with them and the F.A it's little wonder we never get anywhere.
    I see the F.A have come up with new guidelines for success/stolen the German ones from a decade ago, it involves the radical new concept of letting the ball touch the pitch occasionally.
    Don't really see it catching on

Blasphemy - Charles Hughes would turn in his grave

back on the cricket have you seen heard anything on Nick Compton's destination, seems odd that he left Somerset. I'd have him back in a shot but have a horrible feeling he may go to Surrey. Odd is he replaces Denly who effectively replaced him

Only time I heard his name mentioned was

in reference to Hughes' funeral , didn't know they were good friends.
    He'd be a great fit for you if Rodgers is going to be missing for most of the year, Surrey always want everyone, they have Davies, Roy and Burns as well do they need an opener?
    As you say you would think he won't go too far north , possibly someone like Hampshire as well?

Voges is a good solid pick up imo, consistent runs you would think.

Just had a look at the Middlesex message board and it seems we are getting him

Rogers isn't coming back, I think - we've signed Adam Voges for the whole of next season and he has taken the captaincy of the first class XI (with Morgan as one-day skipper). He's 35 and there is a feeling Compton will be offered the captaincy next year.

Compton and Robson will both be at the funeral - hopefully inspire them to be more attacking next season

Rodgers will be a miss

but Compton and Voges is an overall upgrade imo, throw in Robson, Morgan and Malan and that is a really solid top five.
    With your bowlers as well, plus the Patel lad potentially stepping up things are looking pretty good.