Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The good old days.

The good old days.

Back when football fans hated other clubs more than they hated their own.

http://flashbak.com/police-and-british-football-hooligans-19 70-to-1980-3350/

I remember a few years ago when we played Stoke. the Stoke fans couldn't find anybody to fight with

so they just started fighting each other.

This is what it boils down to. A lot of older fans enjoyed football far more back then than they do

Now. Which is fair enough, it was cheaper, a great laugh with your mates and a fair to middling chance of a scrap and a likelihood of some piss down your leg. The football was gash, but you didn't care - it wasn't really about the football and in any case it was cheap as chips so f**k it. Now it's less entertaining, more sterile and way more expensive. The football and facilities are better but doesn't make up for the lack of piss or fighting at those prices. They should just bin it really.

Agreed. It's done, really, isn't it? Frown

The last game of football worth watching was when we beat Leicester at Highbury in May 2004. After that it descended into **** order.

Clound Nine

Although effectively you could be saying that football has been **** since you first went to a game with me

The trousers on some of those fellas

Jesus

Nod I think we jinxed it la Frown

Look at this one dropping the shoulder on a copper. He's give him the flares there, Clive

Quite possibly

but f**k it - we#ll always have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCpQzuX5DE

I love how even the Leicester defenders could see what Dennis was about to do.

They just couldn't do anything about it.

We really didn't appreciate quite what we had, did we?