Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Presumably our January shopping-list is complete. Any ITK?

I gave you loads of examples

Monty hasnt provided sny examples of the 'any c**t'

I think he signed a contract extension last summer.

That's not to suggest for a second that means anything in modern football.

Reus is definitely going but there will be bigger and better (and richer) clubs than us interested I would think.

Defenders are important. They just aren't really anything to do with

Wenger's enduring brilliance as a manager.

Still can't get my head around what the f**k is wrong with them

Though no one here seems to know either

It's gonna take a big turnaround for them to make top 4. Could be more than just Reus leaving.

I imagine Hummells will go, possibly one of the other centre backs also.

Think that was the summer before

I'm a fan of Arteta and admire the way he has sacrificed/restricted himself for the team, the problem is the rest of them.
    If they are going to keep leaving him alone to deal with fast counter attacks then we could use someone with more mobility and strength, in a normal team Arteta is still a very good footballer.

Yeah, it is quite strange. They still have very good players in all positions apart from

the strikers imo, and even those are good players.

The thing is, it also depends on temperament. Some perfectly good players

struggle with their form unless they play every week. But a lesser player may be able to just join the fray at any time without any difference in performance.

And of course, it is defensively more than any position where this can be a player's failing.

Them, of course, there is familiarity with the club and your teammates. A new player always comes with risk. Sometimes better to rely on existing personnel even if it leaves you a little bit short.

Lots of things to consider. If you are Arsene Wenger, I mean. Nothing to consider if you are just some c**t like you or me.

I would think a lot will depend on Klopp’s position.

He may ask for another chance with the players as such, one more season to get them back up into the top 2-3 where they ‘should’ be.

A season out of the CL is not too much to ask most of them. Must be very disheartening all the same to be in the minds of most be the second side in the country but to start the season with virtually no chance of winning the League. I suppose in this case Europe is a huge focus for them.