Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Presumably our January shopping-list is complete. Any ITK?

I actually think Monreal has done alright at centre back

better than I expected anyway, I said this before but put him in Chelsea's team at centre back and you probably wouldn't even notice, we'd get away with it alot more if the rest of team actually had some shape/intelligence/discipline.

Mings was playing for Dagenham (I think) not long ago, they bought him for about 10k, he is the only player in their squad that cost any money, good (albeit very boring) job that MM is doing.

He's pretty good, isn't he?

Easy to suggest isnt it. Likewise you wouldnt be leaping to his defence

As part pf some broader defence of wenger and the decision not to sign another centre back.

You think monreal has been more than competent? Just how ,uch more may i ask? I mean are we talking a genuine threat to koscielny's place or just very good?

Surprised at you.

Well, let me see

I dont know.

Surely there is someone though?

About what?

I think we could do with an extra body.

I don't think it's a disaster that Monreal is being forced to play there due to injuries.

Chelsea have got the same defensive numbers and seem to be doing ok.

not to mention the fact that we could probably have had him a year ago

had we not refused to up our quite insulting 12 million offer after he publicly said we wanted to come.

Hmmm, yes, i have seen this chelsea argument a few times

Officially they count 8 defenders in their first team squad, though two of those are very inexperienced.

I suppose they have two main advantages over us. Firstly,vtheir defenders appear to be rather more adaptable than ours and many can play in several positions.

Secondly, as a club they dont top the injury charts every single season.

Anyway, as you say, we could do with an extra body. In the summer you also suggested, before the deadline, thst it was obvious we need another centre back. Then i suppose you didnt then know just how good monreal would be.

hehe I hope he stays, even if it's because nobody else will pay his wages.

We need more Germans, not fewer

I don't have any reason to trust your assertion that

that Chelsea's defenders are more adaptable than ours .

I don't understand your final point, forgive me...

I don't know. I'm genuinely interested in the sort of name you might suggest.

A decent, half competent centre half. Someone at a lesser premiership team? Richard Dunne? Would someone like him come and give up first team football anyway?

Someone from the championship, perhaps. Are they going to be 'half-competent' at premiership level? Always coming in lacking match practice?

Give me a name. Any name.