...but I reckon Arsene needs to be moved up to a role as Director of Football at Arsenal. If not now, then at some point in the non-too-distant future.

He has transcended beyond most of the micromanagement stuff IMO, and as such has become a little ineffective for that sort of role at the club. Being a full-on football manager takes a ****load of energy, and it looks to me as though Arsene may be struggling to keep up. What is without doubt is that he still has a massive hunger for the game, as well as the long-term vision to take the club back to sustained glory, which we need to follow through to the end.

I get the feeling that he has gradually evolved into a circle, but is being made to slot into what has always been a square hole. Excuse the ****ty metaphor but you get the point. There needs to be a new role carved out for him at the club in order to make the most of his strengths.

What we need is a young and ambitious manager to come in and work almost underneath him. Somebody who will have a good handle on all the day-to-day micro stuff (tactics, training, man-management, etc.), while being willing to take on board the ongoing overall vision of Arsene. An apprentice almost.

Question is, is there anybody out there who would fit the mould?..