Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Okay, this may be an unpopular view...

Okay, this may be an unpopular view...

...but I reckon Arsene needs to be moved up to a role as Director of Football at Arsenal. If not now, then at some point in the non-too-distant future.

He has transcended beyond most of the micromanagement stuff IMO, and as such has become a little ineffective for that sort of role at the club. Being a full-on football manager takes a ****load of energy, and it looks to me as though Arsene may be struggling to keep up. What is without doubt is that he still has a massive hunger for the game, as well as the long-term vision to take the club back to sustained glory, which we need to follow through to the end.

I get the feeling that he has gradually evolved into a circle, but is being made to slot into what has always been a square hole. Excuse the ****ty metaphor but you get the point. There needs to be a new role carved out for him at the club in order to make the most of his strengths.

What we need is a young and ambitious manager to come in and work almost underneath him. Somebody who will have a good handle on all the day-to-day micro stuff (tactics, training, man-management, etc.), while being willing to take on board the ongoing overall vision of Arsene. An apprentice almost.

Question is, is there anybody out there who would fit the mould?..

Re: Okay, this may be an unpopular view...

Many would agree but to my mind he's fit, he's healthy, his mind is as sharp as ever, he eats, breathes and sleeps football, he loves coaching and he has a vast amount of experience.

We don't know that replacing him would make the team do better. It may well be the case that a new man would do a lot worse.

Anyway now he has signed a new contract he isn't going anywhere for a few years.

He is holding out for a Champion's League trophy so he's going to be around a long, long time.

What is all this Director of Football ****? When he goes, hw will go all the way. He is a man of

enormous integrity and will not hamper his successor by hanging around like a bad smell ( like the unspeakable, piss-breathed Govan Goblin ).

" ( like the unspeakable, piss-breathed Govan Goblin ). ", who won how many trophies?