Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Didnt realise our net transfer spend for the past 2 seasons was almost 100m Pounds Yikes

This is the ironing, though.

After years of doing an incredible job on a shoestring, the long-awaited year 2014 arrives when we finally get loadsa money and we have our worse start since 1982.

I wouldn't put it past the SFC to turn it round though. He usually does. Always does.

I will moan. I have patience I have no choice. Not much I can do about it. It's just a shame

that it seems like the season is already a dead one and it's the 25th of November.

I am not very confident of tomorrows game. But we'll see. The United game as you said before would have been an excellent result to launch the rest of the season.

I love watching football. And love watching Arsenal but it's a more than a bit frustrating when we play this way. If it was normal I wouldn't be as annoyed but I know we can do better.

A shoestring?

Come now Ash. Arsenal Football Club does not nor ever has operated on a shoestring.

In relation to your final comment I would 100% agree, we will finish top 4, of that I have no doubt at all. Still won't stop many people from scratching their heads and wondering if it is enough.

I don't really see the relevance of it being our worst start since 1982

On several occasions during Wenger's years of success (or what is now remembered as) we experienced worse runs of results than we have so far this season.

I think there is certainly good reason to assume we'll turn it around. And remember, we still have an FA Cup to defend.

He's a novice at this spending game....too use to signing kolo Toure types

he needs to hit up his old mate Sven for spending lessons...

Relative to the three clubs he was expected to beat to the top spot

it was a shoestring. Not to Swindon Town, obviously.

Spurs used to outspend us every year back when Lewis was laundering his millions.

What do you mean "enough"?

I'm really fed up with football at the moment.

It doesn't excite me anymore. It's the same old story every season.

The FA Cup doesn't even matter anymore. 20 years ago when we weren't considered a good team we had the excitement of the FA Cup and League Cup, also the Cup winnners cup runs in 94 & 95. It's the same old thing every season now.

Right. At bottom, none of us really believes that money has anything

to do with it. I suppose because while it may allow us to cheerfully deride others' achievements, it actually also diminishes many of our own.

No, what we *really* believe in is football.

Well the belief that not enough was done last summer.

Which in turn means that having left the squad short in certain areas has directly lead us to where we find ourselves today, albeit in a position that is far from being the disaster many make out, and of course is very much a position we can (will) recover from.