Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm laughing my head off anticipating being here when Wenger turns it round!

Trophy and champions league football = turn it round. We've never won the CL and we never will

unless our financial model or football's or both changes.

Re: Trophy and champions league football = turn it round. We've never won the CL and we never will

and we won't win the league either so that just leaves the FA cup and the league cup. The league cup is a lottery because we just play our squad players. So that just leaves the FA cup and although we won it last year both Wigan and Portsmouth have won it as much as us in the last 10 years. So unless we win FA cup 2 or 3 times in next 5 years then we can't say anything has changed.

And frankly just winning a coupe of FA cups would in reality hardly be a great success for a club that has 60,000+ crowds every week, charges the highest prices in the premier league and makes 100s of millions in revenue. Seems to me that Wenger has added very little value on the field as the sum of the parts are not much better than the individual parts.

You may wish to consider supporting Man City, Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern. Or support a

takeover by Usmanov or a more buccaneering owner than our current one.

If we got a couple of extra players, brushed up on our defence and team spirit we might win a league title with what we have and our modus operandi - we've come close a couple of times in the last few years - but we need to spend lots of money consistently to be competing for the big two.

60,000 crowds are nothing. It's all tv money and commercial deals these days and the best commercial deals are the totally uncommercial up schemed up by dodgy owners.

ooooh interesting

so what your saying is that the infrastructure and amount of money being paid to players, management etc. plus the prices being charged to the fans is non-commensurate with just competing for the FA cup and that therefore it could be argued that AFC is failing as a model for a successful modern football club.

Unless, of course, the aim isn't football success but rather financial gain at the expense of supporters.

If the gate money is as insignificant as you propose

then why are we being so soundly wallet raped by the club?

oh dear

a couple of players and brush up defence and team spirit

what are you on?

we needed the players in the summer

the team spirit against better sides has been a joke over the past 5 years

it all comes from Wenger

control freak that will be gone by christmas

Par for the course, helps to keep us where we are. Do a quick sum and see how much of our wages are

paid for by a full house.

Also, that is as depressing as cosmology and climate change

and just as loudly denied by f**ktards

I'm at the Emirates every fortnight, you're on 13 messages in a website full of trolls. The fact we

didn't get what we needed in th summer doesn't negate that it is what we need.

So the question therefore is:

is where we are worth the money we are being asked to pay?.
    Which leads into... is what we are paying the manager and players worth where we are?.

I think its reasonable to suggest the answer to both those questions is currently a resounding No.

The board of course will see this as an argument for increasing gate money and paying more to AW and his players.