Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: One thing I was pleased with yesterday

One thing I was pleased with yesterday

was to see more control in the centre of the park....at least for the first 35 minutes.

Ramsey and Wilshere playing as two pure central midfielders with Arteta in a very defensive position mopping up right behind them.

Almost like a back 2 with a sweeper except in central midfield.

Finally a bit more structure and solidity in there and I felt it contributed to us controlling the game for the first 35 minutes in the way that way did. These three controlling the centre with the pace of Ox, Alexis and Welbeck pushing United further back.

But then for some reason or the other our pace levels seem to drop significantly and United started creeping back into the game.

I think the problem yesterday was that we missed that little extra something to take us over the line...the little extra that separates Ox from Pires, Welbeck from Henry, Alexis from Freddy, Ramsey from Parlour and Gibbs from Ashley Cole or Nigel Winterburn is what stopped us yesterday.

Felt we saw elements of great side in the first 35...

Ox was brilliant with just getting the ball and running at United..slicing and penetrating their back line with menace....half the time it didn't matter where he ended up because it just gives the defence more time to get out and settled again.

Alexis has a fabulous workrate and scores some terrific goals but he's not in the same class as Freddy with scoring those vital first game goals that he used to...needed is Wilshere who wasted that brilliant one on one.

Welbeck was having a good game and there are elements of Henry's game in him but he's still someway off scoring the sort of wonder goals that the great man use too.

Ramsey has just gone stake..was expecting him to turn in a midfield dynamo like Parlour...box to box but I'm not sure what's up with him.

As for Gibbs...well I think there's no way a Winterburn or an Ashley is sticking out their leg like that for the own goal....still can't believe he did that...people might call it instinct...I call it a lack of concentration....leave this sort of nonsense for the likes of Burnley please.

I thought that it was a case of Man Utd soaking up the pressure...and then catching us on the break.

when we had 8 players in their half....just like how all the other teams play against us...

Doesn't help that our goalkeeper has massive "brain farts" at the worst time...