Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Never mind the Fan TV troglodytes. Arsene has now been bantered off twice in a week

Hope we beat South Africa first - Ireland were excellent

Kearney has certainly got his form back

It's a moving target m. You won't get very far without making a provision for change.

The manager enjoys a groundswell of support when things are going well and must therefore expect critisism when the opposite occurs.
    It's a sport like any other and the same metrics apply concerning winning and losing. I don't understand why so many of us get so embroiled in the detail. It's not our place. We're fans with an opinion, which counts for very little with the players or managers.
    You don't need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the game to see what's unravelling.
    Last season we were more stable at the back. Without those same players, we're far more weak and vulnerable.

The problem before that was that we didn't have enough English players :-/

And I agree with you about Folau - wonderful player to watch

But it's entirely possible that the root cause of our defence problems

is not in fact our defensive personnel, but the lack of cohesion upfront.

As a layperson you aren't in any position to know this. So your claim to be able to see with clarity "what's unravelling" is not credible.

Let's ignore their second goal then. You know, the one where one Swansea attacker was able to get

to a cross with four Arsenal defensive players around him while standing and gawping at each other
    Whatever arguments you may have about the forward play, that was an example of total defensive confusion.
    Keown made some very vaild arguments on Saturday about our defence, by which I don't just mean the back four.
    You may want to pause a moment and take them in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29917344

Out of curiosity do you extend this black & white distinction to everything in life or just football

Food for example, given your recent embracing of fine dining.

I assume you completely dismiss the views of any restaurant critic that has never worked a full service in a top quality kitchen?

Keown has never managed.

In Monty's world his view or opinions are "worthless".

It is far too simple a statement from Wenger.

Petulant to be polite.

I'm not sure what you mean by "defensive confusion". Our second choice right back was beaten for

pace and then our fourth choice centre back was beaten in the air

As for having seven men ahead of the ball when 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go, sure there are some teams who wouldn't get caught in such a position, but then there's some who would.

I remember when we beat Barcelona at the Emirates and they were bombing forward at 1-1. Check out how many players they had ahead of the ball when Arshavin scored.

The problem is not that we're not Chelsea. It's that we're not Barcelona.

Unless of course you'd rather we were Chelsea than Barcelona, in which case fair enough.