Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BUFFETWimb. Are there actually any decent ones?

BUFFETWimb. Are there actually any decent ones?

I overheard some colleagues talking about Buffet restaurants.

I am usually left underwhelmed by the whole buffet experience.

I had one in Vegas that was a bit bitter. But in quantity over quality.

Warren seems a good lad

Well they invariably involve food sitting around congealing under heatlamps or going stale, so no.

The buffet has three elements that render it antithetical to good food: mass catering; sitting around going manky; and having to fetch it yourself.

No, apart from the Chinese, which still requires good turnover

Especially not the breakfast buffet. Full English is a beautiful thing but it's utterly ruined by hanging about longer than one of sting's tantric ****s.

Special mention for the wee conveyor belt toasters and mini size cereal packets though. If you're tired of that **** you might as well end it now.

The conveyor belt toaster is a great thing, j. I think we've established this.

Toast that is either woefully over- or underdone

It's a useful metaphor for life

And also one of my jokes.

I think Indian can work well.

It's all about tactics and where you position yourself on the park.

Close enough to be able to keep an eye on things, ready to pounce at any time upon the delivery of freshly cooked breads. In between you simply drink.

Hmmmm. I'm always suspicious that they always seem to have Indian buffets on Sunday

This strongly suggests to me that they're just serving the **** that was left over from Saturday night.

i had a very good one at the Thistle Barbican last week

Probably helped by the fact that I hadn't had a full English in months and they actually provided proper f**king glasses for the orange juice so you could sate your thirst without filling up a f**king thimble 30 times over

There was a great Mexican one on Finchley Road which we used to go to a lot

when I lived in Swiss cottage. Basically consisted of chicken and potato which is all you really need