Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's rare that I go to a rugby match these days; probably once in two years or so.

It's rare that I go to a rugby match these days; probably once in two years or so.

But every time I go I am amused at the extent to which all the cliches are true. Rugby crowds really are made up of polite, well-spoken chaps in Barbours, often accompanied by their wives, and younger bucks in groups drinking vast quantities of beer whilst remaining perfectly civilised. It really is rather charming, and reminds one that the ranting, spitting drunken sweary types haven't yet overwhelmed the decent majority.

wd rugby crowds and wd well-mannered football supporters.

f**king abysmal sport though innit.

Well, yes. Yes, I suppose it is, really Frown

I don't like the tone of the ref's whistle.

Was there anyone saying that losing was unacceptabowel?

They were mainly looking forward to getting home and having a g&t and a touch of supper.

No one spitting obscenities through their teeth at all.

It sounds rather as though you may have been letting the side down somewhat, though,

as you went on your drunken odyssey, ranting and engaging in fisticuffs.

Oh no, I didn't engage in unarmed combat until I was back in this neck of the woods.

I think I blended in rather well. I even wore a college scarf for the event.

Good God! This wasn't St Mary Cray was it? Have you checked yourself for stab wounds?

Nod

He definitely called me 'blud'. There may even have been a 'fam'.