Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The policy of the last couple of seasons of just having three senior centre-halves is absurd.

The policy of the last couple of seasons of just having three senior centre-halves is absurd.

Only two on the books this season.

I stand by that. Today's game was winnable and should have been won even with an iffy display if we

hadn't suffered from the worst refereeing display I've seen in a long time. And I'm being generous and counting Chambers as a senior centre-half because he's settled in so well.

They look f**king hopeless on motd tbh, although it's never a good way to judge a game.

Not so absurd, really.

The sport is moving towards mobile players that can be interchangeable given the circumstances or the opponent. Lugs like Senderos are at a disadvantage.

The key is to get a player who has ball skills and mobility and then tailor his game towards a defenders role.

A player who advertises himself as a CB only is a guy who can't move, can't shoot, can't dribble and can't pass.

yes everyone f**king knows that apart from our deluded manager and board

Fair point but when our 4th centre-half is Monreal you know we don't have that type of player in

the right numbers to cover at centre-half. Can you imagine him against Drogba or even Peter Crouch!

much as i love Alexis and maybe Ozil we should have spent the 80mil on defensive players

we have loads of midfielders around the place