Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice Bucket Challenge, Movember and now Sober for October. Frown

Oh and by the way....if anyone else has the same issue as me

Then do sober for October and we can cross sponsor each other to make it look more legit

PM for details...

They can include lunchtimes for all I care. My lunchtime consists of 5 minutes to myself

when I can eat a sandwich in my consulting room. Usually at approx 15:00.

But I'm not. Shrug I'm not on Facebook and I don't use twitter.

However, you don't need to be on social media to see the ways in which it gets used by these people.

Oh Homer I always assume I am the only person in the world not to be on facebook

How do you see this self-promotion, then?

I look at Twitter and I'm on Facebook, and I've seen references to this stuff, so I ignore them. I'm puzzled at how you have any exposure to 'these people'.

They ask you to go to their Facebook page or follow them on twitter.

Or go to their Just Giving page, which is another collective, self-congratulatory circle jerk.

Who does? Who asks you to do these things? How do they ask, in person or by email?

Can you not simply ignore these requests and not look?

Work colleagues, acquaintances, friends of friends. They usually email or sometimes message you on

LinkedIn (which isn't really social media since it's necessary for work). Or, of course, they drop it oh-so-casually into conversation.

Yes, I can and do ignore these things. But it doesn't prevent the constant background hum of them.

Will you sponsor me please? I'm giving up smashing my testes with a hammer for charidee.

Aha, now there is the central point of corporate charity endorsements

If you give us 3 quid we will give 5p of it to a charity of our choosing. If you wont buy a coffee for 3 quid, the charity gets nothing. You selfish c**t!

Whenever i fly with emirates they bring round a begging bowl for bangladeshi orphans towards the end of the flight. I sit there and think thst their profits from one week could eradicate the problem but they are here asking me for money. Surely anything i give would be dwarfed by their own huge contributions to this charity? It seems not. They, emirates, give absolutely nothing...the charity is purely for their passengers.