Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice Bucket Challenge, Movember and now Sober for October. Frown

Ice Bucket Challenge, Movember and now Sober for October. Frown

Seriously, if you want to stop drinking for a bit, pour a bucket of ice water over yourself or grow a moustache, why don't you - and here's a novel idea - JUST F.UCKING DO IT? Stop trying to justify your attention-seeking behaviour by appending it to some charity you don't actually care about.

Alternatively, if you do care about this cause, why don't you try giving some money for it or volunteering in some way that doesn't involve you plastering self-serving messages about it all over social media?

Oh, because you're an unspeakable, self-righteous, attention-seeking c**t, that's why.

Sober for October?! hehe

Maybe you should stop using social media then

I agree with the 'charity'-aspect, though. There is nothing really charitable about it when you're only using the cause as an instrument for your own self-promotion, self-interest, and self-gratification. I think the real issue is that people feel the need to constantly identify with some new fad or gimmick because they genuinely have no idea of who they are, what they believe in, and what role they play for others; a constant flux of inauthentic facades designed to give the semblance of a personality when in reality the need for perpetual identification with all these images is intended to mask their own lack.

Don't forget the rainbow laces. Soon everything will be inextricably bound to the 'causes' an organization/company wish to promote, human beings as veritable commercials or vehicles to propogate their own agenda.
    Although this is probably no different than the role of brand-culture thus far. At least that was a totally shameless, consumerist thing unlike this bleeding heart ****.

It's like going into Starbucks and ordering a cup of ridiculously expensive coffee, because you see a sign saying that 5 percent of that goes to some malnourished Africans. Whereas you'd once at least have the bad conscience when buying something you didn't really need (like a ridiculously expensive cup of coffee) because that money could go to help other people, now even that aspect is gone.
    We now consume without a bad conscience, feeling like we're doing our moral duty when engaging in immoral behavior.

I'm boring, I know.

Good lord - they can't include Champions League nights, weekends,

lunchtimes and Thursdays in that can they?

I got as far as 'a constant flux of inauthentic facades'

That's longer than I had expected hehe

How do I delete my own posts?

I pretty much have, but it's becoming near-impossible to miss these people's desperate efforts at

self-promotion.

You're overthinking it. It comes down to the fact that social media is the worst thing in the world because it allows everyone to be the lead actor in their own little movie. It actively fetishises self-obsession and encourages the delusions of the drab multitude that they are uniquely special, interesting or wonderful and that their actions, feelings or thoughts are in some way deserving of notice.

I'm doing the last one actually

got to do a csr for work.

Lets face it....I'm not really FKIN going sober for October but it's less noticeable than Movember and the Ic bucket challenge.

If you're on social media don't f**king be outraged about the level of narcissistic spectacle you

see

It's like going to a [insert some place] and not expect to find [insert something humorous that is always present in said place]