Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I thought Monday Night Footballs review of our corners was well worked

I think it is only recently that we have started to look more likely to conced from our corners than

Score ourselves.

I certainly wasn't excited when Santi stepped up to take that free kick in the Cup final.

That is relatively new.

We haven't looked like scoring too often for at least 10 years, possibly longer. Even Cesc struggled to deliver. Shows how little thought went into them.

Dare I say that we had such good ball retention (in the past) that we probably didn't need to worry as much about corners. Would that be a bit of arrogance? We have not shown much of that this season, so we really need to do the basics.

One player can be easily marked.

Very easily in fact especially if you play loosely with what you are and are not allowed to do.

We're not exactly the tallest side in the league so you have a clear issue there when looking at our ability to capitalise on aerial balls. Does not however at all explain the quality of delivery.

Neg, I was reading an article last night that explained that this season Dortmund players have, on

average, covered 2.2km more per person than Arsenal players.

They certainly have remarkable fitness levels, don't they?

Wellbeck is tall. Why does he lose nearly every header that he goes up for?

No man. Arsenal players are just lazy and should do middle distance running :GnR:

I don't exepct him to just nod in every cross, but players like Hangeland and Terry seem to score

all the time, despite being marked

Because we have a lack of men in the box, and the ones that are there are in strange positions

for the corners we are hitting, we make it easy for the keeper to collect the ball by not having anyone near him

Yep, looked crap heading in the winning goal last night