Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Like a true postman, Sanogo delivered today.

park, miyaichi, vela (while here)

11 'failed' players in 18 years. Wd AW - pretty high success rate there. And of those 'failures'

Denilson actually had a couple of pretty good seasons, Arshavin had a lot of decent games, as did Djourou (at least at the start) and Gervinho and Bendtner. Baptista was on loan.
    Stop whining and be positive this season eh...

My point was that fans are more often wrong than Wenger

I thought Henry was terrible the first, few games, I thought Song would never make it. I was furious when no CB was bought and Kolo became our first choice CB. Even Pires did not look all that in his first games. I was not sold on Koscielny the first season.

I was wrong.

Others complained about Ramsey,or when a young Fabregas replaced Vieira and no proper relacement came in. They were also wrong.

I was over the moon when we signed Arshavin, and the same goes for most fans. We were wrong again.

Denilson,Djourou and Bendtner were raw youth products. There was no guarantee they would break through. I really believed Djourou would be a world-class CB, Wrong again...

Silvestre, Cygan and Stepanovs were back-up players and they were never meant to be first-choice.

Baptista was a loan-signing.

So the real failures are: Arshavin (who had a great EC and looked very good in Russia), Chamakh (who was a free transfer and looked quite good in France),Jeffers, Gervinho ( who looked good in France, had a great WC in 2014 and is doing really well at Roma).

I don't think that is bad, especially with the financial constraints he has worked under for so many years.

When a player scores 4 goals in a game (like Arshavin did) he deserves credit.

Even if if it is a meaningless friendly.
    Of course he still has a lot to prove, but let us hope this game was the turning point.

Diawarra, Wreh, Wright, Upson, tons of 'em

Wreh was class

Re: Diawarra, Wreh, Wright, Upson, tons of 'em

What was the reason for his gradual decline?