Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is it that people have a problem with Robben about exactly?

Of course there is. Without sounding like a homo, 95% of this world cup

has shown there is still plenty to love about football

I would trust Pob more to be in charge of the education system than this loon

What brings the game into disrepute, then, is the failure of the refs to punish such repeat

offenders when we as fans know they are doing it all the time, surely? It is the fact that they get away with it time and again that encourages them to carry on doing it. The refs are there to enforce the laws of the game. If those laws are being repeatedly and obviously flouted by certain known individuals, it is their fault.

Loon and an ideologue. Dangerous man.

No. Match-fixing negates the sport as a contest whereas diving is an intrinsic part of that contest.

The two are not comparable. And I'm left utterly cold by discussions of integrity, since I believe cheating is integral to football.

Oh FFS B, not more tedious, pseudo intellectual discourse about football. He's a big

rubber-faced, ugly dutch ****. Isn't that enough?

That's right, I think. Looked at squarely, the integrity lies in the game, not the rules.

Also no homo.

But it is a very,very hard aspect of the game to regulate because of the blurred lines between

what is a dive and what is exaggerating contact and what is forcing contact, etc etc, and this alone puts a greater onus on players not to do it. Or at least, they are free to do it, but if they do, we are free to consider them a ****.

Yesterday was a good example

Robben actually deserved at least 1, maybe 2 penalties earlier on, but the dive got rewarded. Football needs video reffing as soon as possible to get some lost reliability back.