Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is it that people have a problem with Robben about exactly?

So what is it that people have a problem with Robben about exactly?

Is it the fact that he dives or the fact that he dives in such an exaggerated manner that bothers us? Or is it simply that he dives and plays for club teams that we don't like?

After all, every footballer will dive (or exaggerate a reaction)in the right circumstances. Vieira, for instance, used to scream like he'd been shot whenever he wanted a free kick. Pires dived, Eduardo dived, Eboue dived to get us that free kick in the CL final - everyone dives.

The issue is not diving, the issue is refereeing. Players will do whatever is necessary (and - more importantly - whatever they are allowed to get away with) to win an advantage. Expecting them to do otherwise is naive and ridiculous. It is up to the officials to police it better - even through use of video replay if necessary. However, to vilify individual players for doing at a decisive moment what they all do as a matter of course is ludicrous.

I don't think they do all do it as a matter of course. Of course all players will

seek to gain an unfair advantage but it takes a different mentality to claim a throw in you know was not yours and to dive. In short, the latter makes you more of a **** than the former and therefore the more you dive the bigger the **** you are.

Ergo, Robben is pretty much the biggest **** in football.

Many players dive. Robben dives in every game, he has made a career out of it. He celebrates the

fruits of his cheating, he pretends he's an honest guy. He paled for Chelsea. He plays with Van Rapist.

What it is is that he's good.

Is it not the fact that he is a massive massive c**t

on the pitch anyway. I'm more irritated by his constantly cutting inside and shooting than his diving tbh

My problem with him is that I have to see the replay to see if he dived or not

Re: So what is it that people have a problem with Robben about exactly?

I see no moral difference between those things. Shrug

The only difference lies in their respective consequences. The latter is a much better reason to cheat than the former as you can get a penalty or an opponent sent off for it. That may be morally reprehensible, but it is of much greater value for your team (who are your first responsibility). Equally, though, this reward contains a much higher risk - no-one ever got a yellow card for claiming a throw in, after all. This shouldering of risk makes the diver if anything more noble than the claimer of throw-ins.

It is a question of degree. Because he cheats in every game (not every diver does this) it can be

successfully argued that cheating is an intrinsic part of his game.