Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So has Ozil's first season been a failure?

Man U won the league with 80 points in 2010-11

One off game perhaps but against all the top teams? but I understand your point

Easilt fixed but our current manager might not be that easy to turn

to change his style of play for away games

Maybe it's because Wenger's philosophy is entirely different??

I don't like the criticism of teams who "park the bus"

JM was pathetic for slagging off West Ham for playing C19 football, and LFC fans are the same for criticising him for frustrating them all game and defending well

This extract was from JM's biography. Whilst you wouldn't want to see boring performances every game, isn't it smart to do something like this when we face CFC, Man Utd, Bayern etc?

I agree, also did not take in to consideration the time he had off over the XMAS period

about 1 month in Germany and a couple of weeks in Spain, it makes a big difference

But we have done it before when we had Vieira and Gilberto, also, the 2005 cup final?

Jamie Carragher was very good last night, referencing games where Liverpool had

used the same tactics and saying people shouldn't moan about it.

Also good of him to blame anyone but Gerrard for the first goal

I don't think the 05 FAC Final was a tactic

They wuz robbed innit

Re: So has Ozil's first season been a failure?

No, not really, you have to factor in he had no preseason, no winter break (like Spain and Germany)and has had to adapt to a new league/environment.
    Also he has suffered severly from Walcott's injury (and to a slightly lesser extent Ramsey's) he needs runners.
    The fact that he, Cazorla and Arteta have looked ordinary since January can be largely attributed to us not bringing in a reasonably quick forward when Walcott got injured.
    Teams can just squeeze up and press us high up the pitch without any fear, meaning Ozil, Cazorla, Arteta have no space, against the ones that defend deep (West Ham, Newcastle) we look fine.