Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So has Ozil's first season been a failure?

So has Ozil's first season been a failure?

No. And the season as a whole hasn't been a failure really. Likely to finish on 79 points, should

win the FA cup. Disappointing the way it all panned out given we have been top for the longest this season, but an improvement.

Now let's hope we sign that world class striker we need

79 points and only 4th

Good post. The hammerings we got have really put a downer on a good season (if we win FA cup)

but everyone must take comfort from the fact that we are 7 points off top spot having missed Ozil, Rambo, Ox, Theo, JW for most of the season

+1, I was only asking as I just watched Nevills and Carragher's views on it in which they

both feel he has been a failure especially with the £42m in mind

He hasn't looked like a 42m player, if that's what they mean

but they are ignoring the time he needs to settle here. e.g. in Spain, when Real Madrid were 2-0 up, the other team knew they were beaten and gave up. Here, they believe they can get something right until the last minute. Little things like that need to be learnt

You clearly weren't watching Newcastle last night then

more or less gave up at 0-0

They were **** weren't they. Check Tiote didn't look happy after the game

I think it's because we could have done better with 1-2 more signings to give depth. Especially the

striker saga was close to ridiculous IMHO...

The hammerings have been our main failure and that can be easily fixed imo

First of all, we need a big strong defensive midfield player to protect the defence especially from counter attacks

Wenger also has to change his tactics when we play away from home, especially against the top teams, no need to attack from the first minute; be cautious in the first 30 minutes, frustrate the opponents and then gradually become more offensive.

But parking the bus and playing 19th century for 90 minutes isn't what I want to see

Disagree on your last point. I'd take 19th century football in big away games if it meant

getting wins. You still have another 33/34 games to play pretty stuff.